Thursday, November 4, 2010

Book Blogger Hop ~ Nov 5-8

Book Blogger Hop

This is my first time participating in the Book Blogger Hop.  Each week there is a question to answer.

This week's question comes from Vicki who blogs at The Wolf's Den:


"What are your feelings on losing followers? Have you ever stopped following a blog?"
I have to say that the first thing I see when I open up blogger is the number of followers I have.  It is so exciting to see that number go up from one time to the next.  On the flip side of that, though, it is kind of sad when I open blogger and see that my number went down...  Then I move on.

I have stopped following a blog.  There are so many great blogs that I hit my maximum number to follow.  I then have to go in and try to decide what blogs to stop following.  It is painful to have to do this but I try to figure out what blogs I haven't seen a post from for a very long time.  My reasoning is that this person probably has stopped blogging.

I really wish there was no maximum following number.  I'm afraid I'm going to miss something great because I've hit my limit!

I hope this post doesn't cause someone to un-follow me.  Please...


7 comments:

  1. I can't imagine anyone would unfollow you, my friend!

    Is there really a maximum following number or are you just joking? What is the number?

    I can't keep up with all the blogs I read either.

    Thank you for your sweet comments on my blog! I'm glad that you aren't getting "whiplash" from all that bouncing around that I do with my post subjects, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait. There's a maximum?! Oh no!!!

    Stopping by for Blog Hop :)

    http://spanglish-reviews.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice blog. Just hopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm always a little bummed when I lose followers but make every effort to
    turn every lost follower into a learning experience so I can improve my
    performance.

    On the flip side, I only stop following people when they give me a reason to
    such as being totally off message or being too controversial in an negative,
    over-the-top way.

    Happy Book Blogger Hop Friday!

    Howard Sherman
    http://www.howardsherman.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to have found you via the Hop. I don't read a lot of Christian fiction, but I look forward to seeing what you recommend. I'm always interested in great, uplifting books. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I guess I haven't hit my maximum, because I've never HAD to unfollow someone! Sometimes I've unfollowed because the blogger switched up to posting things that I'm not interested in, but that rarely happens as I only really follow blogs I'm interested in. I don't check my follow numbers with a dedication, but I'm just happy that I have some!

    Julie @ Knitting and Sundries

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.