Thursday, May 12, 2022

My Weekly Bookishness ~ 5/13/2022


All things bookish!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What I Read:
~~~~~~~~~~

What I'm Reading:


Blurb:

Event coordinator Noelle Carter's main priority is running the successful company her grandparents founded. After all, they're the ones who raised her, and she's the one they entrusted their business to after their deaths. So when a letter comes across her desk inviting her to plan the annual Spring Fling event in her grandmother's hometown of Balsam Falls, Nebraska, she's faced with a choice: stay and work on maintaining Carter, Inc.'s current success, or go and take a leap of faith--outside her comfort zone.

For contractor Wynn Bryant, helping others is the key to life's greatest blessings. Over the past ten years, he and his brother have built homes for those who need them, creating a reputable name for themselves. Between that and helping out at the Serendipity Inn, his parents' bed and breakfast, he's put his other dreams on the back burner for now. Until the mayor ropes him into restoring The Gardens with a beautiful but guarded young CEO from Mississippi.

Connected by a desire to help others, Wynn and Noelle dive into restoring a neglected piece of Balsam Falls's history while learning from, and of, their own pasts. Together they uncover past secrets, face current challenges, and help each other discover healing and forgiveness in ways neither imagined. Will their discoveries lead to love, or are some things better left as they are?

First Lines:

"If I were to build a house, I wouldn't put a balcony going off the bathroom."

56%/Page 56

"She's a Christmas year-round kind of person," Wynn explained, leaning his hip against the cabinet, arms fold over his chest."

~~~~~~~~~~~

What I'll (Probably) Read Next:


Blurb:

First Lieutenant Peter Marshall has never felt as safe and whole as he does at Three Rivers Ranch. With massive scars covering most of his upper body, he's self-conscious and searching for his life's purpose. He thinks he's found it in Courage Reins, an equine therapy program for veterans he's starting out at the ranch. He didn't plan on the beautiful Chelsea Ackerman looking at his deformities with admiration.

After her second failed engagement, Chelsea vows she'll never wear another diamond ring. But as she and Pete work together to train the horses and launch Courage Reins, she heals faster than she thought possible. Pete has a truckload of debt and no way to provide for a family, but Chelsea helps him see past all the obstacles, all the scars. With so many unknowns, Pete and Chelsea will have to develop the love, acceptance, and faith needed to find their happily ever after.

~~~~~~~~~~

Book Haul:


Blurb:

When Eva's film star sister Katrina dies, she leaves California and returns to Cornwall, where they spent their childhood summers, to scatter Katrina's ashes and in doing so return her to the place where she belongs. But Eva must also confront the ghosts from her own past, as well as those from a time long before her own. For the house where she so often stayed as a child is home not only to her old friends the Halletts, but also to the people who had lived there in the eighteenth century. 

When Eva finally accepts that she is able to slip between centuries and see and talk to the inhabitants from hundreds of years ago, she soon finds herself falling for Daniel Butler, a man who lived - and died - long before she herself was born. Eva begins to question her place in the present, and in laying her sister to rest, comes to realise that she too must decide where she really belongs, choosing between the life she knows and the past she feels so drawn towards. 

   ~~~~~~~~~~

Book Blogger Hop:

Q.  Do you post negative reviews? Do you promote those reviews if you post?  (submitted by Heather @ MM Romance Reviewed)


A.  I actually can't really remember a writing a negative review because there have been so few.  If I'm not liking a book, I DNF it straight away.  I don't like wasting my time reading a book that doesn't deserve a review.  And I don't write reviews for DNF's.  I just skip them as if they never happened!

~~~~~~~~~~

Bookishly Yours,


Linking up to: 

   


https://www.coffeeaddictedwriter.com/

http://www.fredasvoice.com/  http://www.rosecityreader.com/


17 comments:

  1. He says Christmas all year round like that's a bad thing! (Says the guy who reviews Christmas ornaments all year round.)

    I'm glad to see you don't review books you didn't finish. It really frustrates me when people do that since you never know - the book might have gotten better in the next chapter. You can probably tell I'm someone who finishes the books he picks up, but I respect you for stopping a book you aren't enjoying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All your reads sound lovely, but I'm especially intrigued by 'The Book of Lost Names'! Thanks for sharing and have a lovely weekend :)
    Juli @ A Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm curious for more! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Friday!
    I’m currently reading Potiphar’s Wife by Mesu Andrews.
    “Potiphar escaped his chamber with the relief of a prisoner on the run.”
    I hope you have an excellent weekend filled with fun reading time. 😀❤📚

    ReplyDelete
  5. The first line of With You I Am made me laugh out loud.
    I don't write negative reviews either, for similar reasons.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been eyeing The Book of Lost Names at my library. Glad you liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haven't started Lost Names yet but looking forward to it. Hope you enjoy The Rose Garden - it is my favourite historical read (and have read it 2 x so far)

    ReplyDelete
  8. My first line this week is from When The Meadow Blooms by Ann Gabhart:
    February 27, 1925
    “You will never be completely well. Tuberculosis leaves it’s mark on your lungs.”

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'll be reading your review of The Book of Lost Names, a great title for a book.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I thank you for your review of The Book of Lost Names. It sounds like a compelling story.

    I rarely post negative reviews either, and for the same reason: If a book is not working for me, I see no point in following it to the end.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I do (rarely) post negative reviews, but as kindly and objectively as I can. I don't tag the author. :)

    I just started At Love's Bidding by Regina Jennings and the first line is: "Behind the massive marble building where even in May the crisp sea air never chased away the odors ground unto the cobblestone, the newsboys and shoe-shinners gathered, waiting in her."

    On my blog is the first line is from To Tame a Cowboy by Jody Hedlund. https://daniellegrandinetti.com/2022/05/13/to-tame-a-cowboy/

    I hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Rose Garden sounds intriguing. I will check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A balcony off the bathroom? Ha! I do wish I had my deck closer to my bedroom, however since we have to tromp through the whole house to get to the shower after taking a hottub. My Sunday Salon post

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVED The Book of Lost Names.

    Enjoy this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I enjoyed The Rose Garden and hope you do too. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I liked The Rose Garden. I rarely have negative reviews but have posted a few in the 3 of 5 range. This past two years was my first time to choose to DNF some books. I am learning to do that more easily. Have a good week and Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Interesting books. I hope you enjoy them.
    Here is my WWW: https://herseriallife.com/www-wednesday-may-18-2022/
    Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.