Wednesday, January 13, 2021

Wednesday Weekly Blogging Challenge ~ 5 Best Places I've Visited ~ 1/13/2021


I found this Wednesday Weekly Blogging Challenge hosted by Long and Short Reviews through Lydia and thought I'd give it a go!  The prompts look interesting.  You can check out the weekly prompts at the bottom of this post.

This week's topic is:  5 Best Places I've Visited

The very first place that comes to mind is DISNEY WORLD!  I've been to Disney World twice in my 42 years.  I live in Pennsylvania so it isn't right around the corner for me.  It entails a 2 hours plane ride or a 16 hour drive!  The first time I went was for my honeymoon in 2000 (we flew).  The second time was to take our daughters in 2012 (we drove).  The first was romantic, the second a bit stressful but both were amazing adventures!

Look how little my babies were!

The second place for me would be NIAGARA FALLS.  We drove the six hour drive in our mini-van for our tenth anniversary in 2010.  We took my parents along as well as the girls.  We rented a little bungalow in Olcott, NY (about 30 minutes from Niagara Falls) and spent the week exploring the area.  We had plenty to see and really enjoyed this trip!

Lake Ontario at sunset.

Third for me would be DAYTONA BEACH.  My Aunt Mary and her family live there so I've visited a handful of times even though, once again, it is quite a trek from Pennsylvania.  We have gone to the races, the beach, and visited Ponce de Leon Lighthouse.  Climbing to the top of the lighthouse is one of my favorite memories.

The fourth best place I've visited is GETTYSBURG, PA.  The first time I visited was in the 5th grade with my class.  It was the very first time I was on a charter bus :)  I absolutely LOVE history so I was amazed by the battlefields and the museum.  I've since visited maybe 3 or 4 more times and always learn something new.

I had to really think about a fifth place because for the most part we stick pretty close to home and love to camp and rent cabins in Pennsylvania State Parks.  However, I'm going to go way back to 1996 and VIRGINIA BEACH, VA for my Senior Trip.  It was really my first time away from home and my parents.  I was a rebel and got my second ear piercing.  (My first ear piercing was when I was 5 years old).  We went to Water Country USA, Busch Gardens and the Boardwalk.  It was only a 3 day trip but we had a blast!

So, what are the 5 best places you've visited?  I'd love to know so I can put them on my bucket list :)



Colletta


P.S. I love for you to stop by MY SHOP and give it some love!

23 comments:

  1. Niagara Falls is beautiful! Have you seen the U.S. side, the Canadian side, or both of them? I think they're both well worth checking out.

    My <a href="lydiaschoch.com/wednesday-weekly-blogging-challenge-5-best-places-ive-visited/”>post</a>.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd like to visit Gettysburg one of these days. Sounds like you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gettysburg is VERY interesting if you're into history :)

      Delete
  3. I'd love to visit Gettysburg, Colletta. My mom lived in Daytona Beach for a few years. She always talks about her adventures there. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you get the chance to visit Gettysburg it is well worth the trip. I'm only about 2.5 hours away though :)

      Delete
  4. I've been to Vicksburg and would love to visit Gettysburg too. Glad you enjoyed Disney World. https://pmprescott.blogspot.com/2021/01/wc-011321.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to visit Vicksburg. I love history!

      Delete
  5. Thanks for stopping by earlier! Both of my older girls absolutely love Disney...and their kids are following right along. I would love to go with them one year..it would be so neat seeing the kids' excitement! And, many people have mentioned Niagara Falls. I'll have to try to make that one day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was quite a different experience taking the kids :)

      Delete
  6. Okay, I want to go to everywhere on your list (well, I've been to Disney, but the others). I love history (LOVE) and the outdoors, so your entire list checking boxes for me.

    Thanks for visiting earlier :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love history too and would rather go somewhere with a museum than to the beach :) Some think I'm crazy...

      Delete
  7. Disney World and Niagara falls are two places on my bucket list. Enjoyed your post. Thanks for sharing. Here's mine. https://www.tenastetler.com/5-best-places-ive-visited-lsrs-blogging-challenge/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm learning about all sorts of places to put on my bucket list today! I'll be by to visit :)

      Delete
  8. Those are some wonderful spots! (And I would like to visit them all!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love to travel, but (and I think this is very odd!) I have not been to any of the places you have listed! How can that be?! We typically travel west as my husband is a rock hunter. That's the only explanation I can come up with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're on the east coast and that shows with the places I've been. Thanks for the visit!

      Delete
  10. I've heard some really cool things about Gettysburg. I'm a history buff, so it's on my list.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'd love to see Niagara Falls one day, and also Daytona.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great trip! Niagara Falls would be on my list before Daytona...

      Delete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.