Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Weekly Weigh In ~ 1/22/20


We had a major ice storm here in my neck of the woods on Saturday so I wasn't able to make it out to my WW Workshop.  I'm not even sure if they still had it or if it was cancelled.  I saw the ice at 7am and promptly went back under the covers!

So, no weigh in this week...

I do, however, want to mention that I've gotten myself a "fitbit" type contraption for my wrist to measure my steps for the day.  It does a whole lot more than that but was only $23 on amazon.

I wanted to see how many steps I was getting in on a regular day.  I should say how LITTLE steps I get in on a regular day.  "They" recommend getting 10,000 steps a day but on a non-gym/treadmill day I'm only getting 20% of that.  One day that I got on the treadmill for 30 minutes I got about 5,000 steps for the day, so better but still not quite there!

When we go to the gym I'm putting about 60 minutes in on the treadmill and stepper.  Due to the ice, we didn't make it to the gym Monday (I used my treadmill though) so I'm anxious to see how many steps I get in at the gym.

Now,

On to the weigh in:

WW Starting Weight ~ 7/27/19 ~ 290.8 lbs
2020 Starting Weight ~ 12/28/19 ~ 270.2 lbs

Last Week's Weight ~ 11/11/20 ~ 268.8 lbs

This Week's Weight ~ 1/17/20 ~ ? lbs

This Week's Total:  ? lbs

Grand Total: -21.0 lbs

I'll be weighing in on Saturdays and posting my results on Wednesday.  If you'd like to join in on the journey, I'd love to have some weight loss friends! 

Colletta

4 comments:

  1. I would have stayed in as well. I usually use my phone as my pedometer and I get in about 6000 steps a day with it, but I know it is not accurate as I never have it in my pocket as soon as I am up and I don't have it often when the grand doll is here, so I am sure I do my 10,000. I have a device similar to a fitbit and I am trying it today. I have a fitbit somewhere that my daughter had, but I can't seem to locate it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't really carry my phone around with me so it wouldn't be accurate but I'm loving my "fitbit"!

      Delete
  2. Good for you! You are heading in the right direction. I have worn a fitbit for years. It is fun to see how many steps I get in every day. My husband and I walk nearly every day over two miles, plus I am a school teachers, so I am on my feet walking around a lot. I usually get at least 12,000 steps every day. A lot of days, I get up around 15,000 steps. It is hard to walk and get those steps in when it is cold and icy. My husband and I have been walking at a local mall a lot when it is cold out. Hope you have a good day. Thanks for sharing your success!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! That is a lot of steps! I can only hope to get that many in some day! :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.