Thursday, September 12, 2019

Books from the Backlog ~ 9/12/19

https://carolesrandomlife.blogspot.com/

Books from the Backlog hosted by Carole's Random Life in Books is a fun way to feature some of those neglected books sitting on your bookshelf unread.  If you are anything like me, you might be surprised by some of the unread books hiding in your stacks.
 
This week's neglected book is:
 
 
 
 
Series: Crisis Team Book #2
Publication Date:     February 1,2 016
Publisher: Tyndale House

 
Blurb:
 
Three years after a tragic accident left her a widow, ER nurse Taylor Cabot is determined to move on, checking off one item after another on her survival list. Her relationship with a handsome plastic surgeon even gives her hope for the last point—“fall in love again.” At least until crisis chaplain Seth Donovan steps back into her life, reawakening unanswered questions about her husband’s death.

While in San Diego to train community volunteers, Seth hopes to learn why Taylor is backing away from the crisis team and from their friendship. But nothing prepares him for the feelings that arise when he sees Taylor again . . . and sees her moving on with another man.

When a community crisis hits home and puts lives at risk, emotions run high and buried truths are unearthed. Will hope make the survival list?
 
 
Why did I add Step by Step to my bookshelf?:
 
Last week's featured book was the first book in the Crisis Team series.  I realized I also have the second book of the series on my shelf!  I probably trying to collect the whole series before reading them.  I think I'll have to be moving the series up a notch in my reading list:)
 
 
What are your thoughts? Have you read this book?  Would you recommend it to others?

 
Colletta

P.S. I'd love for you to come join the Fall Into Reading Challenge!

https://collettaskitchensink.blogspot.com/2019/08/fall-into-reading-challenge-2019-sign.html

3 comments:

  1. I have not read this book or any in the series, but I hope to add it to my list soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This does sound really good. I usually like books that feature medical workers and I think it sounds like Taylor is dealing with a lot in this one. I hope you enjoy it when you get the chance to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have read one of candace's series and really enjoyed it. hope you enjoy this one
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.