Joyce's Hodgepodgey Questions:
1. January is National Mentoring Month. Have you ever had a mentor? Been a mentor? How would you rate the experience?
I would consider my Mom to be my mentor. She has taught me everything I know about being a wife, a mother, a homemaker and a Christian.
I don't know if I would consider myself a mentor but I do have daughters that I hope look up to me and I try to teach them like my Mom taught me. Being a mom rates a 10/10 for me!
2. What current trend makes no sense to you?
Filling out those questionnaires on Facebook. You know, the kind where you tell 100 things nobody knows about you or "Hey, get your kid to answer these questions about you". I just don't have time for that...
3. I saw a cartoon on facebook highlighting a few 'weird' things that make you happy as an adult. The list included-writing with a nice pen, having plans cancelled, freshly cleaned sheets, eating the corner brownie, cleaning the dryer lint screen, and sipping coffee in that brief time before anyone else wakes up. (Credit for the cartoon goes here) Of the 'weird' things listed which one makes you happiest? What is one more 'weird' thing you'd add to the list?
These examples made me chuckle because almost all of them make me happy. I don't see how cleaning the dryer lint screen would make a person happy but to each their own, I guess!
As for what makes me happy that isn't on the list: getting snail mail that isn't a bill! So much fun to open the mailbox and see something not a bill!
4. What's the last good thing you ate?
I literally just ate a Golden Oreo. I can't say that I prefer them over the original Oreos, but it was tasty :)
5. Describe life in your 20's in one sentence.
I got married and had kids.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
Now that the holidays are over, I need something to look forward to. Last week, I mentioned that we were starting to think about a summer vacation. But... I need something a lot sooner than that to look forward to. Maybe a date night. Or a family movie night. Any ideas????
I'd love to return the visit! Please leave a comment and a link!