Thursday, January 25, 2018

Book Review ~ Tide and Tempest by Elizabeth Ludwig ~ 1/25/18

 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
18059815 
 
Blurb:
 
Two years ago, her fiance perished
during their voyage to America.

Now she discovers it may have been murder...

Dreaming of a better life, Tillie McGrath leaves Ireland behind and, with her beloved fiance by her side, sets sail for America. But when illness robs her of the man she holds dear, she's left alone with only a handful of tattered memories. While forging on proves difficult, Tillie soon finds some new friends at her New York boardinghouse, and begins pursuing a new dream--to open a home for orphaned children.

Despite two years passing, Captain Keondric Morgan has never forgotten the lass who left his ship so heartbroken. When a crewman's deathbed confession reveals her fiance's demise was the result of murder, the captain knows he must try to contact her. But his attention draws the notice of others as well--dangerous men who believe Tillie has in her possession something that could expose their crimes. And to their way of thinking, the best way to prevent such an outcome is to seize the evidence and then hand Tillie the same fate as her naïve fiancé.

My Thoughts:
 
This is the second book in a row that I've read to finish up a series.  This series is called Edge of Freedom with this book being the third of the series.  All three books of the series were amazing.  In fact, I would say that are must reads if you enjoy suspenseful historical fiction with a romantic twist.
 
Throughout the whole series, you are left wondering who "The Celt" is.  The author wraps the series up nice and neatly with the revealing.
 
I was surprised out how much spunk Tillie had.  From the first two books, I would have never guessed!
 
I thought it a bit funny that the hero's name is Captain Morgan!  lol  I wonder if the author realized it when she named him???
 
I thoroughly enjoyed the stories of the ladies at Miss Amelia's boarding house.
 
Have you read any of this series?  What did you think?
 


For the Biblical "Way of Salvation" please see my header or click HERE.
 

Linking up to:  Share Your Cup;  Grandma IdeasLiteracy Musings and Saturday Situation, Booknificent. Party at My Place , Saturday Review of Book , Book Nook, Hearts for Home, The Monday Review, Homemaking Party,  Favorite Things


4 comments:

  1. I haven't read this author before but historical suspense is something I like. Will check into it. Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear this series ended off well. I enjoyed the first two books in the series, most especially the second one. Looking forward to reading this one as well. Nice review, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love books that are suspenseful. this one certainly sounds like it fits that bill! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never heard of this series, but they sound fabulous! Thanks for sharing this on Booknificent Thursday at Mommynificent.com!
    Tina

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.