Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Book Review ~ A Matter of Heart by Tracie Peterson ~ 2/10/16

 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
20665062
 
Blurb:
 
Texas born and raised Jessica Atherton is a wealthy young woman whose heart was broken when the man she intended to marry wedded another. But her world is upended when two men come into her life and both manage to stir her heart. Harrison Gable is a rich young lawyer who intends to travel the world and live a life of opulence. His ambitions match Jessica's dreams, but her heart has begun to change.

Austin Todd, former Secret Service agent, enjoys working now as a Texas Ranger cattle inspector. But learning of forged gold certificates and missing printing plates, he's drawn back into the world of intrigue and agrees to help solve the case. Austin is well-thought-of and admired in the community. Jessica is drawn to his kind nature and the unspoken pain she sees in his eyes.

Will Jessica choose financial security or follow her heart? 

My Thoughts:
 
I have to say that this book was just OK for me :(
 
When I picked it up I thought it was the first book of the Lone Star Brides series by Tracie Peterson.  It turned out to be the third book! 
 
I've read other series out of order so I thought I'd be fine with it.  I found this to not be the case for this book.  There were so many characters and plots that must have carried over from the previous books of the series because there were times I was just plain confused!
 
Not to mention that the leading lady, Jessica, was not very likable.  At all!  Her character was something she was definitely working on throughout the book so that was admirable but it just wasn't enough for me to truly get into the book as I wished I could have.
 
I did like Austin's character, though.
 
This just happened to be a series that in which I feel it was probably necessary to read the books in order.


Thanks for stopping by!  Please leave a comment with a link so I can return the visit!
 
Linking up to  WholeHearted WednesdayR&R, Word Filled Wednesday, Coffee and Conversation, Ladies Collective,   Party in Your PJs,  The Mommy Club, Works or Me, Wake-Up Wednesday and  Women with Intention.

6 comments:

  1. Hi friend, you won't believe I am not reading anything now save my academic books! I think I would enjoy reading this though I hardly get into fictions these days...I hope to pick up writing and reading as well pretty soon.
    Thanks for cheering me over at the blog. It is was a pleasure to see you stop by and spend some time to read as well.
    Much Love and Blessings from Nigeria

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you run across some neat books! Historical fiction is one of my favorite genres! Thanks again for stopping by Syncopated Mama the other day - I love the name Laken, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great book. I love her books, and well historical fiction lures me in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great book. I love her books, and well historical fiction lures me in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing this informative book review at Literacy Musing Mondays. I hate it when I get a book in a series that does not stand alone too or the author isn't able to tell the backstory in creative ways. :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am absolutely unable to read books out of order for just this reason. I've been burnt too many times! Thanks for sharing this at Booknificent Thursday on Mommynificent.com this week!
    Tina

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.