Monday, June 27, 2011

Blueberry Cookies

I got some blueberries at the market the other day with nothing particular in mind for them. 

Then I was browsing some recipe link parties and found this recipe at http://www.happierthanapiginmud.blogspot.com/ and thought I'd give them a try for Sunday evening Coffee Break at Church.

The cookie part was amazing and the berries added a pop of tartness.  I think next time I might drizzle some glaze over the cookies to add just a bit more sweetness.  Or maybe sprinkle some sugar on top before baking.


Blueberry Cookies

1/2 cup shortening
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1/4 cup milk
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup blueberries

Heat oven to 375.  Grease cookie sheet or use parchment paper on the cookie sheet.  Parchment paper works the best!

Mix the shortening and sugar together and then add the egg and milk.

Next add the flour, baking powder and salt.  Mix well.

Fold in blueberries gently.

Use cookie scoop or teaspoon to put dough onto cookie sheet.

Bake 8-12 minutes.  Remove from oven.  Let rest 1 minute before transferring cookies to a wire rack to cool.

Makes approx 36 cookies.

Share with family and friends.


My mom loves blueberries and she really liked these cookies.  So did my daughter, Kaylee, which was a surprise.

This recipe was something different for me.  Most things I make have some form of chocolate in them.  lol  These were a great way to mix it up a bit!


Please see my left sidebar for the great places I'll be linking to!

16 comments:

  1. I luv this recipe can butter be use instead of shortening?

    Do not forget to add our linking it this party here http://www.passionatelyartistic.com/2011/06/beautiful-furniture-redo-pop-up-cards.html
    Maggie
    http://passionatelyartistic.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the terrific recipe. I will definitely be making these sometimes soon!!

    Also, I just wanted to let you know that I received the hat that I won in the give a way. It is beautiful!! Thank you very much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of blueberry cookies before. They sounds and look good. I'll have to try them sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love blueberries want to try these out come see what we shared http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never had blueberry cookies. But I definitely want to try them. Thanks for sharing!
    (Saw you @ Tuesdays at the Table)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You just combined two things that I love: blueberries and cookies! Thanks for linking up to Making Your Home Sing Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Never heard of blueberry cookies before! They sound fantastic! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. They sound great! I love berries in baking. Last night my Youngest was bored so made raspberry muffins and they were amazing. Like you say, the4 snap of tartness in with the cookie/muffin makes it unusual and really good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness. It's one in the morning, and I should be going to bed, but instead I'm looking at your delicious food and my stomach is grumbling - because, well, there's NOTHING better than cookies! I (surprisingly!) have all the ingredients for this, and will totally be making it in the morning!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks so good. Wish I had some right now for an almost midnight snack.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm glad you tried the cookies! I'll bet they would be good with a drizzle of glaze too:@)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Colletta this is a great cookie for all the lovely berries we have this time of the year. Yummy! Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and sure hope to see you again real soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi, I wanted to thank you for visiting Cast Party Wednesday last week. I would love it if came back tomorrow and shared more of your recipes with me.
    Thanks,
    I hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love these cookies; they look and sound so light and refreshing for a little treat during the heat of these summer days!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.