Friday, October 11, 2024

My Weekly Bookishness ~ 10/11/2024


All things bookish!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What I Read:




My review of Apple Pie and Trouble will post on 10/16/2024!


My review of 70 NORTH will post on 10/18/2024!

~~~~~~~~~~

What I'm Reading:


Blurb:

Molly Carter’s come back to her family’s ranch in High Valley, Montana just long enough to take a breather before returning to her city life in Atlanta. But being home for the holidays is bittersweet, especially when she learns that Troy Clayton has returned to buy the Bitterroot ranch. Once they were sweethearts. Now being face-to-face with the handsome rancher is making her reassess everything — including the feelings she still has for him. But following your dreams doesn’t always mean following your heart…especially when love comes a second time around.

First Lines:

Nowadays, Molly Carter didn't belong in High Valley, Montana.


56%/Page 56

"I'd never do anything to put Cole's business at risk."

~~~~~~~~~~~

What I'll (Probably) Read Next:


Blurb:

Jane Austen meets Sherlock Holmes in this new Regency mystery series

Newly returned from finishing school, Lady Juliette Thorndike is ready to debut in London society. Due to her years away, she hasn't spent much time with her parents, and sees them only as the flighty, dilettante couple the other nobles love. But when they disappear, she discovers she never really knew them at all. They've been living double lives as government spies--and they're only the latest in a long history of espionage that is the family's legacy.

Now Lady Juliette is determined to continue their work. Mentored by her uncle, she plunges into the dangerous world of spy craft. From the glittering ballrooms of London to the fox hunts, regattas, and soirees of country high society, she must chase down hidden clues, solve the mysterious code her parents left behind, and stay out of danger. All the while, she has to keep her endeavors a secret from her best friend and her suitors--not to mention nosy, irritatingly handsome Bow Street runner Daniel Swann, who suspects her of a daring theft.

Can Lady Juliette outwit her enemies and complete her parents' last mission? Or will it lead her to a terrible end?

~~~~~~~~

Book Haul:



   ~~~~~~~~~~

Book Blogger Hop:

Q.  Do you have a favorite book or author you turn to every October to celebrate Halloween? (submitted by Billy @ Coffee Addicted Writer)

A. I'm probably in the minority, but I don't like Halloween.  At all.  I try to ignore it as much as possible.

~~~~~~~~~~

Other Bookish Posts From This Week:



~~~~~~~~~


I'm participating in 3 readathons in October!!!!  Check out these posts:





~~~~~~~~~~


Do you follow me over on Instagram?

~~~~~~~~~~

Bookishly Yours,


Linking up to: 

   


https://www.coffeeaddictedwriter.com/

http://www.fredasvoice.com/  http://www.rosecityreader.com/


8 comments:

  1. An Ode to Poison looks interesting. And you're probably right about being in the minority about Halloween. I love Halloween, although I don't have any specific go to author's/books for the season. I hope you have a great weekend. - Katie

    Here's my BBB if you wish to visit - https://justanothergirlandherbooks.blogspot.com/2024/10/book-blogger-hop-booksauthors-i-turn-to.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. 70 North looks like a good thriller!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the sound of The Debutante's Code! Hope you enjoy it.

    Not a huge fan of halloween myself. I don't mind seeing kids dressing up and trick-or-treating, that's cute, but not particularly into it as an adult.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don’t have any favorite Halloween stories, but I love the decorating that goes on in my neighborhood. People really use their imaginations — and I think imagination is the key to seeing Halloween as different from other holidays. Even choosing ready-to-use decorations challenges people to be creative. And I don’t sense the kind of pressure that is felt at Christmas and even Thanksgiving.
    best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't like the scary Halloween at all, but I do love the magical part of dressing up in costumes and collecting candy from neighbors and friends. I agree with Mae; it's a chance to use the imagination.

    I never read scary books, and I am always astonished at how many people love to scare themselves to death.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A Rancher's Return sounds so good. I like it when I see the first line and the one from page 56. Even thought it's only two lines total it gives me an idea of the writing style.

    I don't like Halloween either.

    ReplyDelete
  7. There looks like some really good reads here!
    I am a total horror buff so I love this time of the year. :)
    Thanks so much for joining in with #MMBC. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The House at the End of the Moor sounds terrific, and I'm going to add it to my growing list of TBR books. Thanks

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.