Saturday, April 25, 2020

Book Review ~ Devotions from the Kitchen Table by Stacy Edwards


~~~~~~~~~~~~



Title:  Devotions from the Kitchen Table by Stacy Edwards
Series: Devotional 
Pages:  224
Date Published:  April 11, 2017
Publisher:  Thomas Nelson


 Blurb:

Taste and see God’s goodness from the heart of your home—the kitchen table.

A simple meal shared around a table. A fresh cup of coffee and God’s Word in the quiet hours of the morning. The joy of laughing with friends and family.

Devotions from the Kitchen Table invites you to slow down and appreciate the gifts that are right in front of you. These ninety devotions will inspire you to sit in God’s presence, nourish your soul, and cherish the people who grace your kitchen table.
Take a seat at the table and reflect on the extraordinary blessings that are wrapped up in the most ordinary moments at home.    



My Thoughts:

It has been a really long time since I was actually sad to finish a book.  I mean REALLY sad!

I received this devotional in a Christmas Swap and have been using it as my daily devotional ever since.  It seemed like each day was exactly what I needed to read.

The Kitchen was the theme throughout in the devotional illustrations which I adored.  My swap partner, Patti, knew what she was doing when she sent me this book!

The photography was absolutely AMAZING and made it such a joy to turn the page each new day.  The photos were absolutely breath-taking!  

Thankfully, there are more devotionals in this series.  I've already ordered "Devotions from the Front Porch" and "Devotions from the Garden" from www.christianbooks.com .  I might have to wait a few weeks to receive it due to their distribution center being closed because of COVID 19 but it will be worth the wait!

Colletta

3 comments:

  1. Wow, that does sounds like a good book. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is probably my favorite devotional that I've ever completed. Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  2. This sounds like a great gift idea.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.