National Pie Day is celebrated annually on January 23rd. (Not to be confused with March 14 which is PI π Day.)
National Pie Day was created simply to celebrate the pie. It is a day for all to bake or cook their favorite pies. Even more importantly, it is a day set aside for all to enjoy eating pies!
The first pies appeared around 9500 BC in the Egyptian Neolithic period or New Stone Age.
1. Okay, fess up. Tell us your top three favorite pies, please. Will you have some pie today?
Pecan, Pumpkin and Chocolate. I'm not planning on making any pies, but you never know...
2. While we are talking about food... are you a picky eater or are you ready to try almost any new food? What is the worst thing you have ever eaten?
I'm a very picky eater and very rarely try new foods. Broccoli! Yuck! (But I'm pleased to say my girls love it :)
3. Baking could be considered an art as could cooking. How do you define art?
The act of creating.
4. Tell us a really stupid joke that made you laugh, please.
It isn't really a joke but a funny thing I saw. You know the facebook side-by-side challenge where you show your first profile picture and then your current profile picture? Well, this one had an empty wallet in 2009 and an empty wallet in 2019. It made me chuckle :)
5. January 23rd is also National Handwriting Day. Do you have nice handwriting? Did cursive writing come naturally or did you practice in those double-lined practice books until your fingers hurt?
I think I have fairly nice handwriting. I remember having to practice writing in school but not overly much. It must have come naturally.
6. Tell us something random about your week.
What a nasty week it has been so far. Snow, Ice, Freeeezing Cold Temperatures. I'm ready for Spring. As my husband reminds me: only 7 1/2 more weeks!