Friday, July 7, 2017

Tea Time ~ 7/7/17


 
Grab a cup of tea, coffee, hot chocolate or your favorite drink
while I share a few things that made me smile this week :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~We took a mini-vacation this past weekend to Pittsburgh.  We left on Friday afternoon and stayed in a hotel overnight.  Saturday morning, we went out for breakfast and then to the Carnegie Science Center.  I hadn't been there in years!  The kids had a great time but then we had to leave to get to PNC Park for the PIRATE GAME!  I thought we were going to win but the game went into extra innings and the Giants pulled out the win :(  Bummer, but we had a great time :)


~My Dad turned 70!!!  Monday was my Dad's 70th birthday :)  He is now in a new decade.  We celebrated with his choice of dinner and a sugar-free jello/poke cake.  It was delicious!  Happy Birthday, Dad!


~The 4th of July!  I know I just started back to work but it was nice to have a day to spend with all the family.  We didn't do much.  In fact, I did the laundry and cleaned the bedroom.  We did put off our own little fireworks display, though :)


~Kittens!  We're looking for a couple of kittens for the girls.  We went to a farm that had some the other day but they all scattered and ran away when we looked at them!  EDITED TO ADD:  We got a kitten!  It is black and tan and so cute.  Laken named her Raspberry :)

~My first full week back at work!  I mentioned that I started a part-time job a few posts ago.  I'm back at the local College working as an assistant in the Nursing Department.  I know most of the people and am familiar with the work so it has been a very nice start back.  It was good to see some friends from the past :)
 

Please leave a comment with a link so I can return the visit!
 


11 comments:

  1. I'm a big baseball fan and I'm happy watching any game! I bet being in Pittsburgh was fun. Happy Birthday to your Dad. Kittens are fun! Happy to hear you are enjoying your new job. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely post. Lots to smile about especially kittens, Raspberry is a cute name. Have a great Friday:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your job!

    Oh we did a pittsburgh spring break trip in 2008 and my daughters LOVED the Carnegie Science museum. In fact, we were the first people in line that day to get tickets and the last to leave!! the guard had to kick us out!! we then did a pirates game even though i was rooting for the cardinals. it went into 11 innings that night and we were all freezing!! and so tired. Then we went across your state to Hershey area and did that plus GEttysburg National Park and the Amish country. fun times.

    Congrat on finding a pet.....

    i hope you enjoy a relaxing weekend

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad the job is working out well! What a fun mini-vacation. Belated happy birthday to your dad! Glad you could celebrate with him! I had a pretty relaxed 4th as well - my hubby did a lot of cleaning of patio furniture and grill, though. Have fun with the new kitten!

    barbarah.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are big baseball fans also - we prefer college level, but now that the College World Series is over, we'll have to turn back to pro ball!! Sounds like a wonderful trip. And I hope you enjoy your new job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's always nice to have a day off to do what you like, even though it must have been your second day at work. I've never heard of a jello/poke cake before but I'm sure your Dad will have enjoyed his birthday with you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've only been reading your blog a short while. However, I must say I do enjoy it.
    Raspberry is such a cute name for a kitty. I bet it gets shortened to Rass.
    Here is a link to my blog. I didn't see any other place to put it. Please stop by anytime.
    http://thoughtsfromrosebudlane.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think Raspberry is a great name for a kitten

    Thanks for joining in with Five on Friday, we hope you have had a wonderful weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Having a new kitten in the family is always a delight!
    And congratulations on your new part time job (I missed that); I'm glad you are enjoying it and it's a good fit for you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww a new kitten is always fun! They are so cute when they are little. Sounds like you eased back into work just fine. It's always nice to have some familiarity to make one comfortable. Happy birthday to your Dad. I have never had a poke cake but they sound yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. we visited pittsburgh a few years ago and loved it...even neater was that we were able to visit the home that my great grandparents lived in! funny, i just made a poke cake for the 4th of july! happy birthday to your dad!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.