Thursday, June 15, 2017

Book Review ~ Tempest's Course by Lynette Sowell ~ 6/15/17

 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
13613149 
 
Blurb:
 
  Kelly Frost, a textiles conservator, is invited to the Massachusetts coastal city of New Bedford to restore a more than 150-year-old Mariner's Compass quilt. But there is one stipulation: she must live and work in Gray House, a former whaling captain's home, where the quilt is stored.
 
There she meets Tom Pereira, the caretaker of Gray House, whose heart seems as hard as the rocky Massachusetts coastline. Over the long-lit months as Kelly works to restore the quilt, she is drawn out of her self-imposed shell and embraces the family God has given her after her own family failed her.
 
As Kelly reads stories in a journal penned by Mary Gray, she learns there is no transgression beyond God's forgiveness, but the real obstacle is forgiving herself. During her and Tom's journey to grace and love, an unknown force works to keep both of them from discovering a long-buried truth that will change their lives forever.    

My Thoughts:
 
 I've enjoyed every "Quilts of Love" book I've read.
 
They are so interesting and intriguing.  This book was both of those things!  From the beginning it was mysterious and suspenseful.
 
The quilt aspect was very interesting as it is in all the books of this series.
 
Another really cool aspect of this book was Mary Gray's Journal from the 1850's that Kelly finds in Gray House.  I really enjoyed the excerpts spread throughout the book.  Each excerpt divulged a little more to the mystery.
 
I enjoyed the characters and the setting of this book greatly.  Kelly was an interesting Leading Lady and Tom was an intriguing Hero, each with their own past and frailties.
 
I loved how quickly I flew through this book!
 
On to the next!
 

For the Biblical "Way of Salvation" please see my header or click HERE.
 

Linking up to:  Share Your Cup;  Grandma IdeasLiteracy Musings and Saturday Situation, Booknificent. Party at My Place , Saturday Review of Book , Book Nook, Hearts for Home



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.