Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Book Review ~ The Red Door Inn by Liz Johnson ~ 6/7/17

 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
25795314
 
Blurb:
 
   Marie Carrington is running from a host of bad memories. Broke and desperate, she's hoping to find safety and sanctuary on Prince Edward Island, where she reluctantly agrees to help decorate a renovated bed-and-breakfast before it opens for prime tourist season.

Seth Sloane didn't move three thousand miles to work on his uncle's B&B so he could babysit a woman with a taste for expensive antiques and a bewildering habit of jumping every time he brushes past her. He came to help restore the old Victorian--and to forget about the fiancée who broke his heart.
The only thing Marie and Seth agree on is that getting the Red Door Inn ready to open in just three months will take everything they've got. Can these two wounded souls find hope, healing, and perhaps a bit of romance on this beautiful island?

Step into the Red Door Inn, a lovely home away from home tucked along the north shore of fabled Prince Edward Island. It's a place where the wounded come to heal, the broken find forgiveness, and the lonely find a family. Won't you stay for the season?
     

My Thoughts:
 
 I believe this was my first read from the author Liz Johnson.  I now want to read more!  (Lucky for me this was book one in the series!)
 
I'm also pretty sure it was the first time that I've read a book set on Prince Edward Island.  I now want to go there!
 
I loved the setting and the plot.  I really enjoyed the renovating of The Red Door Inn.  The author made it sound like a place that I would love to stay at.
 
I also really enjoyed the romantic side to the story.  Seth and Marie were both wounded but learned to trust again.  Jack and Aretha were also finding their second chance at love :)  So sweet!
 
I read this book as Book #1 of the "20 Books of Summer".  I'm on a roll!  hehe
 
http://collettaskitchensink.blogspot.com/2017/06/20-books-of-summer-2017.html
 

For the Biblical "Way of Salvation" please see my header or click HERE.
 

Linking up to:  Share Your Cup;  Grandma IdeasLiteracy Musings and Saturday Situation, Booknificent. Party at My Place , Saturday Review of Book , Book Nook, Hearts for Home



3 comments:

  1. The book sounds delightful. I just put it on the Kindle.
    My first visit to Prince Edward Island was reading Anne of Green Gables. Which I am currently re-reading. If you've never read about Anne [ "spelled with an E it looks so much more distinguished." ] I highly recommend it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PEI is an absolutely beautiful place and I was glad the author showcased that in this novel. Glad to hear you enjoyed reading this one too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard such wonderful things about this one that I bought it, but I haven't had time to pick it up yet! And have you really not read Anne of Green Gables??? If not, you must drop everything and read it asap!!! :) Thanks for sharing this at Booknificent Thursday on Mommynificent.com this week!
    Tina

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.