Thursday, April 27, 2017

Book Review ~ A Crafty Killing by Lorraine Barlett ~ 4/27/17

 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
8277734
 
Blurb:
 
 The last thing Katie Bonner wanted was to become the manager of Artisans Alley. But when her business partner, Ezra Hilton, is found bludgeoned to death, she has no other choice. Business under Ezra has been faltering-but was it enough to provoke someone to murder? Only Katie can find the answer.    

My Thoughts:
 
I'm loving cozies right now!  This book was so much fun to read.
 
I would love to comb through the Artisan Alley and look at all the vendors' wares.
 
I enjoyed getting to know Katie and some of the other vendors even though in the back of my mind I was trying to figure out who killed Ezra!
 
I really liked "watching" Katie put new ideas into place in an effort to bring some life back to the Alley and to Victoria Square.  It is a place I would like to visit and watch transform.
 
There are a few "unsavory" words that I'm not used to reading in my "inspirational" books, but nothing too horrible.
 
Do you like cozy mysteries?
 
~~~~~~~
 
Linking up to:  Share Your Cup;  Grandma IdeasLiteracy Musings and Saturday Situation, Booknificent. Party at My Place , Saturday Review of Book , Book Nook, Hearts for Home



6 comments:

  1. I do love a good cozy mystery! This sounds fun. Pinned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love a good murder mystery! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cozies are sooo popular right now and I have several friends that write cozies. I just wish I had more time to read, but alas picture books and children's books are all I have time for, lol :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love cozies! This one looks fun! Thanks for linking up at Booknificent Thursday on Mommynificent.com!
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never heard of "cozies." Book sounds interesting and the cover is charming. :) Thanks for sharing at Literacy Musing Mondays.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just looked it up - love that people are willing to write stories without all of the inappropriate stuff. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.