Thursday, January 12, 2017

"31 Verses" ~ Verse 2 ~ 2 Corinthians 5:17

 29358392
 
Welcome to "31 Verses"!
 
I'm so glad you have joined me today! 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Verse #1:
 
"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ,
the new creation has come:
The old has gone, the new is here!

2 Corinthians 5:17

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Study Questions:


1.  Was there a defining moment when you became a follower of Christ?  If you can't pinpoint a date and time, how do you know without a doubt that vital change took place?

I believe, as the Bible says, that the defining moment you become a follower of Christ is the moment you obey the Way of Salvation and are baptized to rise and to walk in a newness of life.  For me, that was on Sunday, June 3, 1990, when I was 12 years old.


 
2.  Just as 2 Corinthians 5:17 begins with "therefore", so does Romans 8:1.  Read Romans 7:21-15 for a bit of background.  Then consider each word and phrase in Romans 8:1, noting what it reveals about this foundational truth for believers and how that truth encourages you.

Therefore:  taking into account that I do what I shouldn't and don't do what I should
there is now:  before there wasn't, but now there is
no condemnation:  no holding against me my sins
for those who are in Christ Jesus:  because I have had my sins washed away and am in Christ Jesus

This encourages me because I can know (even though I sometimes don't feel like it) that I am no longer going to be held accountable for my sins.  Jesus paid it all on the Cross of Calvary.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Liz's Tip #2 for Memorizing Scripture:

Memorize the reference, then the verse, and then repeat the reference.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

It is my greatest desire that you truly take the time to write 2 Corinthians 5:17 on your heart this week.

I hope you will answer the study questions on your blog and leave a link in the comments.  If you don't have a blog, please feel free to leave any answers or questions in the comments.

 
~~~~~~~~~

Linking to:

Sunday:
 Spiritual Sunday and Counting My Blessings , Faith And Friendship , Grace And Truth , Dance with Jesus, Sunday Stillness, Give Me Grace .
Monday:
Art of Homemaking, Make Your Home SingGood Morning Monday, What Joy is Mine
Tuesday:
Totally Terrific TuesdayTitus 2sdays, Unite, Share Your Stuff, Treasure Box, Do Tell Tuesday and Titus 2 Tuesday, Hearth and SoulA Spirit of Simplicity,  Tuesdays with a Twist  , Inspire Me , Tuesday Talk.
Wednesday:
Coffee and Conversation, Ladies Collective,   Party in Your PJs,  Works or Me, Wake-Up Wednesday and  Women with IntentionPeaches and Salt, Raising Homemakers, Wise Woman
Thursday:
Share Your Cup;  Grandma IdeasLiteracy Musings and Saturday Situation, Booknificent. Party at My Place , Saturday Review of Book , Book Nook, Hearts for Home




6 comments:

  1. I love this verse -- so full of hope, not in my own ability to change, but in God's transforming power!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Liz's sense of humor and down-to-earth style of writing/speaking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for helping me to meditate on the precious gift of salvation! Enjoyed thinking back to my "moment" as well:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing this at Booknificent Thursday on Mommynificent.com this week! Always a pleasure to have you!
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a wonderful, hopeful verse. I grew up knowing Jesus, but I have had moments in my life when my relationship with him has deepened and I remember those fondly. Thank you for sharing this study and your journey with us at Hearth and Soul, Colletta.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!