Tuesday, February 8, 2022

Book Review ~ Calculated Risk by Lynn Shannon


~~~~~~~~~~~~


Title:  Calculated Risk by Lynn Shannon
Series:  Triumph Over Adversity Book #1
Pages:  326
Date Published:  April 14, 2021
Publisher:  Creative Thoughts LLC

 Blurb:

He carries the burden of his mistakes.

The wounds on Jason Gonzalez’s body are nothing compared to the ones on his heart. The former Marine avoids getting close to anyone new, especially his gorgeous next-door neighbor. Until he hears a scream coming from her house in the middle of the night.

Her enemies are too numerous to count.

Addison Foster escaped an abusive marriage and has become an advocate for others. When an intruder breaks into her home and nearly kills her, Addison is rescued by an unlikely protector. But the threats against her aren’t over and she needs help.

Danger around every corner.

Jason makes it his mission to keep Addison safe, but keeping her out of his heart proves impossible. As the threats increase, there’s no room for mistakes. Will his calculated risk pay off or will it end in tragedy?

My Thoughts:
This was my second book in a row about military men with PTSD.  The first was a Clean Regency Romance and this was an Inspirational Contemporary Romantic Suspense.  So very different but with underlying common themes.

I really liked the characters of Jason and Addison and especially Connor.  I liked that they were acquainted an even friendly neighbors before the story started.  They already knew each other and had a neighborly relationship that flowed so well into the storyline.

I have to say that I had vibes about who the "suspect" was but didn't truly have it figured out until the end when all was revealed.

I enjoyed getting to know Nate and Kyle also and hope to read more about them soon.

This is my first book written by Lynn Shannon but I already have book 2 of the Triumph Over Tragedy series downloaded on my Kindle.

I downloaded this book from Kindle Unlimited.

Onto the next book!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.