Thursday, March 2, 2017

Book Review ~ LFYI Sunflower Kansas by Pamela Tracy ~ 3/2/17

 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
13120366
 
Blurb:
 
 Will Annie find treasure in her field of sunflowers?
 
Annie Jamison is the sister who keeps the peace. So when her mother goes missing, Annie's the one sent to retrieve her. There's one problem. It seems the town Willa Jamison (willingly) ran off to--Sunflower, Kansas-- doesn't exist. Sure, it's on the map, but when Annie drives there, she finds herself in the middle of a field. Of sunflowers.
 
In nearby Bonner Springs, Kansas, Annie finds her errant mother...and Joe Kelly, a handsome veterinarian who thinks Annie is part of a team of con artists out to swindle his father. It takes some time, but eventually, Joe's working with Annie instead of against her to bring their wacky parents to their senses.
 
When this unlikely team turns into an unlikely couple, Annie no longer wants to leave her field of sunflowers. She wants happily-ever-after with Joe Kelly. But when evidence of the con resurfaces, will Joe have enough faith in Annie to recognize the truth?    

My Thoughts:
 
This is the first book I've read by Pamela Tracy but I knew that it would be a good one due to the book being part of the "Love Finds You In" series.
 
I really enjoyed the concept of the daughter trying to track down her mother and get her out of "trouble", real or perceived.  Even though I don't have any sisters of my own, I have lots of aunts and cousins, so I know what family drama can be like!
 
I was really intrigued by the setting in the book, especially the old farm in Sunflower.
 
As for the love story (and there had to be one in this series!), I loved it!
 
Talk about a chance meeting between two complete strangers from different parts of the country.  All brought together by an oddly placed add for an armchair detective!
 
There were some seriously laughable moments in this book, as well as the mystery of finding the lost coins.
 
The author winds the story up nice and neat.  Just the way I like them :)
 
 
 
For the Biblical "Way of Salvation" please see my header or click HERE.
 
 
 Thanks for stopping by!  Please leave a comment with a link so I can return the visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.