Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Book Review ~ Whenever You Come Around by Robin Lee Hatcher ~ 3/2/16

 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
22578258
 
Blurb:
 
Charity Anderson turned her back on Kings Meadow years ago, with good reason, and has avoided visits to her hometown whenever possible. But with her house in Boise damaged by floodwaters and a book deadline bearing down, staying in her parents' empty home seems her only option. However, being in Kings Meadow dredges up a painful secret, and old fears threaten to overwhelm her.

Charity's former high school classmate Buck Malone never left town, instead sacrificing his dreams to take care of his family. Now he enjoys an uncomplicated life as a wilderness guide and confirmed bachelor. The last thing on his mind is settling down.

When Charity's dog causes an accident that leaves Buck with a broken ankle and wrist at the start of prime tourist season, Charity has little choice but to render aid while he recuperates. Soon Buck becomes the inspiration for Charity's hero, both on the page and off. Can he also help her face and overcome her fears so they might find their own happily ever after?
  

My Thoughts:
 
First of all, I absolutely adore this cover.  I was drawn to it right away.
 
Robin Lee Hatcher is a favorite author of mine.  I enjoy everything that she writes.  However, this book was not my favorite that she has written.  Every time I pick up one of her books, I expect it to be my favorite and it just didn't happen this time.
 
That being said, I really DID enjoy this book.  It was a sweet contemporary romance.  I think it was just a bit too abrupt for me.  I like when the romance is drawn out a bit more.
 
Charity and Buck were both great character.  Although, the name Buck sat a little odd with me.  hehe.  Not your usual hero's name.
 
This is the second book in the "Kings Meadow Series" but it definitely can stand alone.  I look forward to reading "Keeper of the Stars" the next book in the series.
 
 
 Thanks for stopping by!  Please leave a comment with a link so I can return the visit!
 
Linking up to  WholeHearted WednesdayR&R, Word Filled Wednesday, Coffee and Conversation, Ladies Collective,   Party in Your PJs,  The Mommy Club, Works or Me, Wake-Up Wednesday and  Women with Intention , Literacy Musings, Saturday Situation, Booknificent.

3 comments:

  1. I've seen books by this author, but haven't ventured forth to try her out! Thanks for this lovely heads up and I agree wholeheartedly about the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have enjoyed this author in the past, thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed her Bethlehem Springs series and hope to read more by her. Hadn't seen this one yet. Thanks for being a part of the Booknificent Thursday reading community this week!
    Tina

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.