Saturday, September 12, 2015

Book Review ~ A Bride for Noah by Copeland and Smith ~ 9/12/15

17177650

Blurb:

It's 1851, and Evie Lawrence is penniless and heartbroken after a failed romance. When a kind elderly man announces his plan to move west and make his fortune, Evie jumps at the chance to go with him and start a new life. She says goodbye to the only home she's ever known and sets out for the Northwest.

There she meets Noah Hughes, a handsome young man who has gambled everything he owns on the chance to make a fresh start. Living the rugged life of a lumberjack, he too is determined to one day make his fortune. The last thing he's looking for is a bride...so why can't he get Evie out of his mind?
        

 
My Thoughts:

Well.  I had heard of books like this being written but this was my first experience.

It is supposedly a "Christian" fiction, but had almost no Christianity within it.  It was what I would consider a "clean read" with few mentions of God or even praying.

That being said, I did enjoy reading this book and really didn't even notice the above until I was pondering it later. 

 I enjoyed the plot, the characters and definitely the setting.  The imagery was amazing of the Seattle area before it was settled.  It made me wish I could see it.

I would recommend this book but don't expect it to have much Christianity.

 
On to the Next Book!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.