Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Book Review: "A Case for Love" by Kaye Dacus

"Brides of Bonneterre" Book 3
 
A Case for Love (Brides of Bonneterre, Bk 3)

Book Description:

TV society reporter Alaine Delacroix feels like David facing Goliath when she takes on the biggest corporation in town to keep them from putting her parents’ garden center out of business.

Lawyer Forbes Guidry wants nothing more than to stand up for the endangered local-business owners -- but it will mean risking his job and crossing his powerful parents.

My Thoughts:

This is my first book review for the year 2012.

I actually haven't reviewed a book for quite some time because I just haven't been able to sink into a book enough to actually finish it.  I don't know why but I would start a book and just could not get into enough for it to hold my interest.

I really missed reading.

As soon as "A Case for Love" arrived in my mailbox, I knew my dry spell would be over.

I love Kaye Dacus' writing and had really enjoyed the first two books of the "Brides of Bonneterre" series.  I had been looking forward to learning more about Forbes since book one.

I connected well with Alaine's character as well as Forbes' character.  Even though I knew how it would most likely end-up (it is a romance), the twists and turns and excitement kept me turning the pages and waking up in the morning eager to open the book up and read more.

If you haven't read any of this series, I do recommend starting with Book 1 "Stand-In Groom" and Book 2 "Menu for Romance".  Even if you don't, I know you will enjoy this book as a stand-alone.

I'm become a huge Kaye Dacus fan and can't wait for her next release!





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.