Thursday, August 27, 2026

Cooper's Rock State Forest and Overlook ~ 8/27/2026

Hello, dear friends!

I bet you thought I dropped off the face of the earth.  I didn't but it HAS been 1 week shy of me not posting here in this space for an entire year!  At one point in my life that would have seemed entirely impossible.  Yet here I am.

So much has happened in the past year.  Some very good.  And some very bad, sad and generally upsetting.  I want to keep this post light-hearted though so I'll have to get into all of that later on.

As for now, I wanted to jump back into blogging and get my feet wet once again.  So I'm going to tell you about our trip to Cooper's Rock State Forest and the Overlook.


Cooper's Rock State Forest is located in West Virginia about 1.5 hours from our home.  I had driven on the interstate and seen the signs for the Scenic Overlook many times but we had never taken the time to stop.


After dropping Laken off for her Sophomore year of University and getting her settled into her FIRST EVER apartment, we decided to find the overlook.  It was breathtaking!


Now, I don't mind heights, but I'm not going to go leaning on those rails either!  There was a young man that actually stood on top the railing with his arms out to the side for a photo op.  Not I...  Was he brave or just naive?  Maybe.  But at any rate, I breathed a sigh of relief when he hopped back down onto "solid" ground.


The day was perfectly beautiful.  The sky and clouds declared the glory of God and reminded me what a wonderful world He has created for us to enjoy.


As I look around at the Overlook structures, I couldn't help but think and wonder how long it had been there and about the brave souls who built it.  Every bit of it was beautiful, even the uneven rock path we had to traverse to get there.  (Next time I'll wear better shoes, right Laken???)


The "Three Wooden Crosses" picture is one that I took the day before we explored Cooper's Rock but it is in the same area.  I don't know what the story is behind those crosses exactly but I guess it doesn't really matter as long as I remember the original "Three Wooden Crosses" and especially the "Man on the Middle Cross".

If you're still here after all this time of me being away from Blogland and after my jabbering in this post, I thank you!  I appreciate you!  I hope you'll continue to stick around.

Drop me a comment and let me know where you're visiting from and I'll return the favor.  Or just comment that you're still here.  Either way :

Blessings,

Colletta

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.