Friday, May 10, 2024

10 on the 10th - May 2024 ~ 5/10/2024

I absolutely cannot believe that it is almost the middle of May already!  Where does the time go?  I decided to join in on Marsha in the Middle ' s prompt and write about 5 things I CAN do in May and 5 things I MAY do in May.

I had to think harder about the difference between CAN and MAY than I want to admit.  Here's what I came up with:

5 Things I CAN do in May:

1.  Be more active on Colletta's Kitchen Sink.  I've already put things in motion to make this come to fruition.  I've been working on laying out some posts and getting some new ideas of what and when to share.

2.  Read one book.  This will be a huge accomplishment since I think I've only finished reading one book in the past year!  I'm well on my way, having read 77 pages of "The Clutter Fix" by Shannon Acheson so far.

3.  Take more pictures.  I've gotten really bad at taking pictures to document events in our lives lately.  I used to take pictures of EVERYTHING!

4.  Get up earlier.  I really struggled with figuring out if this is a CAN or a MAY.  Largely because I really struggle with getting out of bed in the morning.  I tell myself that I am going to get up at 5am and have a nice relaxing morning before having to leave for work.  Next, thing I know, I've hit the snooze button 10 times and am rushing to get ready and out the door on time.  I think I can.  I think I can.

5.  Enjoy each day.  Enjoying each day is something I strive to do.  I'm a person that has to have something to look forward to each day.  Each week.  Each month.  I have to have fun goals to look ahead to even if it is something as simple as sitting on my porch swing in the evening.  Sometimes it is so easy to get caught up in busyness that I forget to enjoy each day.

Now...

5 Things I MAY do in May:

1.  Get a new camera.  As I thought about taking more pictures, it dawned on me that I took so many more pictures with my camera than I do with my phone.  I took tons.  I mean tons of pictures.  So many that my camera died.  Instead of spending money on a new camera, I thought I would just use my phone.  Not the case.  My phone is so slow and the camera on it is horrible.  I never get good shots so I end up not even bothering with it.  MAYbe a new camera is the way to go!

2.  Go to the movies.  If there is anything at the theater worth watching.  I'll have to see...  Any recommendations for upcoming films?

3.  Adopt a kitten.  We adopted Oliver O'Malley a few weeks ago but Laken and Doug are thinking he needs a little playmate.  We have two older cats that really don't want to be bothered.  In fact, Clover absolutely hated the world after we got him.  She was mad at everybody and everything.  She is finally coming around and will stand to be in the same general area as Oliver.  We're not actively looking but if we come across another kitten that needs a home it MAY happen.

4.  Start exercising.  Again.  I'll leave it at that.

5.  Get the Family Room decluttered.  I'm hoping that reading "The Clutter Fix" will give me the motivation and encouragement I need to accomplish this.  This evening I already started with my desk area but it is only one little corner of the rather large room that is very, very cluttered.  It MAY take a while!  

So tell me, what are some things you CAN or MAY do in May?


Colletta

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you linked up! I hear you on the getting up in the morning. Luckily, I'm retired so I don't usually have any pressing reason to get out of bed! I like the idea of enjoying every day. I am with you. I love to have something to look forward to, even if it's back breaking work like moving around mulch or bags of potting soil!

    Have a fabulous week!

    https://marshainthemiddle.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked your answers. When I've read everyones, I thought of so many things I could've added to mine.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.