(Here you can see Baboon-butt Pudge. He has a skin condition that gets worse in the summer.)
So, I snapped it up. But the Atztecy pillows just aren't my style. Not to mention that this couch has gone through my 3 cousins and was a little worn.
After recruiting my husband to haul the couch and chair to the house, my mind starting whirling with possibilities. I knew I wanted to re-do the pillows and I started calculating yardages and planning a trip to the fabric store.
I had to go to the Dollar General for some basics: bread, milk, cleaners. I actually made it out of the house by myself so I was wandering the isles just browsing. In the bedding section a really cute sheet set caught my eye. King size for $30. Aha! I knew what my after-cleaning project was going to be.
First, I scrubbed all the surfaces to freshen it up. Then I went to work cutting the elastic out of the fitted sheet. I measured the pillows and made basic slip-covers for all the pillows. I used the pillowcases to make covers for the smaller pillows.
I just threw the flat sheet over the huge, comfy chair and tucked it here and there and used a few safety pins on the sides. Completely different look.
The best thing about this make-over is that all I need to do is take the slip-cover off and throw them in the washer if they get dirty.
And it only cost $30!